SWAMI VIVEKANANDA ON SRI RAMAKRISHNA & SRI SARADA DEVI
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA ON SRI RAMAKRISHNA:
- Without studying Ramakrishna Parmahamsa first, one can never understand the real import of the VEDAS, the VEDANATA, of the BHAGAVATA and the other PURANAS. His life is a searchlight of infinite power thrown upon the whole mass of Indian religious thought. He was the living commentary to the Vedas and to their aim. He had lived in one life the whole cycle of the national religious existence in India.
- Ramakrishna Paramahamsa is the latest and the most perfect - the concentrated embodiment of knowledge, love renunciation, catholicity, and the desire to serve mankind. SO where is anyone to compare with him? He must have been born in vain who cannot appreciate him! My supreme good fortune is that I am his servant through life after life. A single word of his is to me far weightier than the Vedas and the Vedanta.
- India has suffered long, the religion eternal has suffered long. But the Lord is merciful. Once more He has come to help His children, once more the opportunity is given to rise to fallen India. India can only rise by sitting at the feet of Shri Ramakrishna. His life and his teachings are to be spread far and wide, are to be made to penetrate every pore of Hindu society.
- This is the message of Shri Ramakrishna to the modern world.
"Do not care for doctrines, do not care for dogmas, or sects, or churches or temples; they count for little compared with the essence of existence in each man, which is spirituality; and the more that this is developed in a man, the more powerful is he for good. Earn that first, acquire that, and criticize no one, for all doctrines and creeds have some good in them. Show by your lives that religion does not mean words, or names, or sects, but that it means spiritual realization. Therefore, my Master's message to mankind is "BE SPIRITUAL AND REALIZE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF."
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA ON SRI SARADA DEVI:
- Mother has been born to revive that wonderful Shakti in India; and making her the nucleus, once more will Gargis and Maitereyis be born into the world.
- Of Ramakrishna, you may aver, my brother, that he was an incarnation or whatever else you may like but fie on him who has no devotion for the mother.
- I am coming to understand things clearer every day, my insight is opening out more and more. To me, Mother's grace is a hundred thousand times more valuable than Father's . Mother's grace, Mother's blessings are all paramount to me.
- Please pardon me. I am a little bigoted there, as regards Mother. If but Mother orders, her demons can work anything. Brother, before proceeding to America I wrote to mother to bless me. Her blessings came, and at one bound I cleared the ocean.