10 BEST AIRPORTS IN THE WORLD - 2014
#1 – SINGAPORE CHANGI AIRPORT (SIN)
Yearly passengers: 46.5 million
· Has won 30 awards for being the best in 30 categories in 2012 alone.
· Has the most opportunities for entertainment for the passengers – 3D Experience Zone, Interactive Art Station, Movie theatre, Live Music, Gardens with butterflies and koi, showers etc.
· This year, it won high marks for security, immigration processing, leisure options, and cleanliness.
#2 – INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (ICN)
Yearly passengers: 39.2 million
· It is the largest in South Korea.
· It has been rated the best airport worldwide by Airports Council International for the past seven years in succession.
· ICN private sleeping rooms, ice skating rink, spa, indoor gardens, golf course, casino, Museum of Korean Culture, shopping mall etc.
Yearly passengers: 49.8 million
· It is the fourth busiest airport in Europe in accordance with passenger traffic and therefore called as “Airport City”.
· It has a casino; children’s play area, museum of classical art, world’s first airport library and spa.
· Passengers can download e-books, and free music free of cost.
· Schiphol was originally a military airfield and it has now been transformed into one of the busiest airports of the world.
#4 – HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (HKG)
Yearly passengers: 53.3 million
· It is one of the world’s busiest passenger airports and it the biggest cargo gateway of the world.
· It has the Aviation Discovery Center, exhibitions of Chinese medicinal workshops, IMAX theatre, i-Sports simulators which help the passengers to play football, basketball, boxing, shooting, car racing, nine-hole golf course and more.
· It is located less than five flying hours from half of the world’s population.
· It was awarded for its best dining, baggage delivery, cleanliness and shopping.
#5 – BEIJING CAPITAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Yearly passengers: 78 million
· It is the busiest in Asia and the second-busiest in the world.
· It has mobile charging stations, lounges, free Wi-Fi, free 24-hour shuttle bus which transports travelers to the Hilton hotel, where they can use the gym and swimming pool.
· Terminal 3 is the second largest airport terminal in the world, after Dubai International Airport’s terminal 3.
· The luggage claim Lobby has four dressing rooms with mirrors, tables, and chairs helping passengers to change after a long flight
#6 – MUNICH AIRPORT (MAC)
Yearly passengers: 37.8 million
· It has a very long name - Flughafen München Franz Josef Strauß and is the second busiest airport of Germany.
· During bad weather or delays it gives its passengers cots to curl up
· It has a massive shopping mall, business, and recreation area, Kempinski Fit and Fly Spa, minigolf, cinema and several historic aircrafts that can be toured.
· It has the world’s first airport brewery where 7 kinds of beers are brewed.
#7 – ZURICH AIRPORT (ZRH)
Yearly passengers: 24.8 million
· Switzerland’s largest international airport is really awesome – it is clean, well-maintained
· One can get rented bicycles, incline skates, and Nordic walking poles to enjoy during waiting time.
· It has a automated train called the Skymetro to shuttle travelers around.
· It has highly ranked Skytraxs airport security processing, immigration and dinning categories.
· It also has porter service by which passengers can pay a fee to have their baggage’s picked up from anywhere in the airport and delivered to their final destination.
#8 – VANCOUVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Yearly passengers: 18 million
· It gives a little serenity into the stressful travel process. It is the least busiest airport and gives its visitors a large collection of Pacific Northwest Coast Native art.
· The Aquarium has a 30,000 gallon tank housing more than 5,000 sea creatures in a single view.
· It has won many airport awards earlier in 2007, ’10, ’11, ’12 and ’13.
· It has been ranked top for its staff.
· Volunteers known as Green Coat Ambassadors, serve in the airport to help travelers get where they are going.
#9 – TOKYO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (HANEDA)
Yearly passengers: 62.2 million
· It is more famous as the Most Punctual Airport in the world with 94.3% of its flight departing on time and 88.6 % arriving on time.
· The first terminal has a six-story building with restaurants, shopping areas and rooftop observation deck with an open air café.
· There is an exclusive pet hotel in Terminal 2.
· It can accommodate upto 90 million passengers annually.
· It has won the World’s Best Domestic Airport and has a good quality security processing and cleanliness.
#10 – LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT
Yearly passengers: 69.4 million
· Terminal 5’s Heathrow Boutique gives a complimentary to personal shoppers by which they can select a gift or expand their travel wardrobe.
· It also has a gallery exhibition sculptures from present British artists.
· It is the 3rd busiest airport in the world.
· It has a good ranking for its ease of use, flight information, public transport, security staff efficiency, and more.