TIPS TO HAVE A GOOD EYE HEALTH
Posted by v chandravadhana |
TO HAVE A GOOD EYE HEALTH FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS:
1. EAT HEALTHY FOOD FOR GOOD VISION:
- Green leafy vegetables
- Oily fish
- Egg, non-meat proteins
- Citrus fruits
2. COMPULSORILY QUIT SMOKING:
The chances of getting CATARACTS, OPTIC NERVE DAMAGE AND MACULAR DEGENERATION is more when we smoke. So try to quit smoking.
3.WEAR SUNGLASSES FOR GOOD VISION:
A good quality sunglasses will protect our eyes from the ULTRAVIOLET RAYS (UV RAYS ) of the sun. If exposed to UV rays we are more liable to get CATARACTS & MACULAR DEGENERATION. A good sun-glass must be able to block 99% -100% of UVA & UVB rays. Even if you wear contact lenses it is advisable to wear coolers. If the glasses are polarized lenses prevent glare while driving and Wraparound lenses help to protect the eyes from the side to.
4. MUST WEAR SAFETY EYE WEAR WHILE AT HOME, OFFICE OR PLAYING:
It is good to use safety glasses while working at home or in office. While playing games like racquetball, ice hockey the are more chances to get the eyes hurt. So wear eye protection to prevent eye injury.
5.LOOK ASIDE FROM THE COMPUTER SCREEN:
Peering at a computer screen can cause:
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty focusing at a distance
- Dry eyes
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain
Take these precautions while before the computer:
- Be sure that the glasses or the lenses that you use is the up-to-day correct prescription.
- There are people who might need a special kind of glasses to prevent from contrast, glare, and eye strain while at the computer.
- The top of the monitor of the computer must be in level with our eyes. By placing it in this manner we can look down at the screen.
- Don't use the computer while it has a glare on the screen due to a window or light opposite to it. You can use an anti-glare screen instead.
- Blink the eyes regularly to remove their dryness.
- The chair you use must be comfortable so that your feet are flat on the ground.
- Take regular breaks will working in the computer.
6.HAVE A REGULAR EYE CHECK-UP:
Each and everyone must have a eye check-up regularly. This gives you a surety that your eye sight is good. Try and take an EYE EXAM which helps the doctor to diagnose certain infections like GLAUCOMA, which mostly has no symptoms.An eye test will have the following included in it:
- Telling about the family history.
- Taking vision tests to check whether you have farsightedness, nearsightedness, astigmatism or presbyopia.
- They also check how well both the eyes are coordinating.
- Eye pressure and optic nerve tests to determine if you have glaucoma.
- External and microscopic examination of the eyes before and after dilation.