SIMPLE METHOD TO REDUCE THE TIME WE SPEND BEFORE THE TV
Now-a-days everyone spends more time before the TV. It is not only the youngster but even the old have taken the rescue before the TV. They spend most of the time sitting before the TV and watching it from dawn to dusk. This addiction has become a grave problem to many.
DISADVANTAGES OF WATCHING TV:
· It affects our eye-sight.
· It causes obesity.
· It affects the learning of students.
· It creates a competition between the family members on who will watch their favorite TV program.
· Our peace of mind is lost.
· The family members don’t have time to speak with each other.
HOW TO GET RID OF WATCHING TV:
Can we get rid of this unwanted habit? Sure we can. There is a very simple method to do this. All you have to do is just keep a new note book near the TV. Whoever wants to switch on the TV must enter their name and time in the book. This has to be followed by everyone at home. After finishing, they must write down the time they switched off the TV. If you follow this method, you can surely see these following changes:-
· Family members will not like to see their name appearing many times in the book. So ultimately the will not switch on the TV.
· Members who have been saying, “I don’t spend much time before the TV,” now will really come to know how much time they spend before the TV.
· The time spent before the TV by everyone at home comes down terribly.
· They have more time to talk and share valuable information with their family members.
· This also reduces the electricity consumption, thereby reducing the energy and the current bill.
· Some might have individual TV for all the rooms in the house. Keep a note book in those rooms to. It really works. Try it.
· Instead of simply sitting before the TV and looking at it, all the family members can spend time listening to nice interesting, inspirational and devotional stories told by the other member. So much so each one will be made to tell a story in turns which will not only increase their knowledge, but also their confidence in life. It will really help them to face it with more courage.